Modes of Transportation
For many thousands of years humans traveled by land on animals. Horses, burros, donkeys, camels and elephants all helped mankind to get from one place to another.
Finding local transportation can be difficult because there are so many options, and when we’re traveling it’s easy to spend extra money on unnecessary costs. I wanted to put together an article to help my viewers find reliable services for finding rental car and transportation services no matter where they are in the world.
One of the most overlooked services that you will find is a car sharing service that offers large group transportation for a fraction of the cost of typical companies. How the system works is by offering you transport to and from the airport with a group of passengers, and each passenger will only pay a couple dollars each. The downfall of a service like this is that if your hotel is far from the airport, then you may get dropped off last. The benefits are obvious, but being able to spend a few bucks to get yourself to and from the airport is a great deal, especially for a far off hotel.
There is always a taxi but the problem with taxis comes in the numbers. For instance, the security of taxis is questioned by a number of vacationers, and nobody really knows if their getting cheated on the price of transportation. Most of the time, you don’t speak the language of the country your visiting which ends up costing you money. In the event you do speak the same language, it’s possible to still be cheated by the driver as he/she takes alternate routes that cost you more money.
A favorite transportation service of mine is a limousine or town car rental service because the safety is never questioned, and you feel safe and secure in the limo. On top of that, you have a choice of what transportation you choose which can range from a 2 seater Mercedes or even a 20 passenger stretch bus. Many times people think that the cost of such limo services will be over the top but you can find high quality transportation for less than you would ever imagine. Of course, there are seasonal promotions so you wont want to forget to ask about those!
Lastly, there’s the bus. Many people will be hesitant to use the bus depending on where their traveling, but the bus can be a an inexpensive way to get around for super cheap. Be sure to ask your hotel staff or information desk at the airport about the safety of the area and the buses before you hop on, but most of the time you wouldn’t believe how safe the city buses really are.
Those are a few of my top sources of transportation when your on your next vacation and a few tips before you jump in head first. Getting around safely and with little cost is a lot easier than most people think, so use these tips to save yourself some cash.
Welcome to the Travel Savvy Nice Blog
Here at Travelsavvy-nice.com you will find travel tips to help you in planning your next outing, overseas trip or vacation. Our goal is to bring you information to help aid in planning a stress free trip. Today there are number of places you can travel to, but knowing where to go, how to get there, what to do once you are there and who to contact if something goes wrong is where we come in.
We offer travel advice and tips for destinations around the world. Below are just a few things you can expect to get from our blog:
- Travel destinations – Learn the best places to eat, live and shop while you are away on your vacation. We will also discuss the do’s and don’ts while you are in another country.
- Travel accommodations – We discuss hotels you should stay at and what prices you should pay while you are there.
- Means if travel – How will you get to your destination? While you are there how will you get around? No worries let us help you plan the best means of travel.
- Travel cuisine – I know you want to know the best places to eat and the places to avoid. Well our travel bloggers will give you this information.
- Travel etiquette – If you are going to a place you have never been before, then check out our etiquette section where you can learn the customs of your destination city and what is the proper protocol you should follow while there.
- Travel – Yes did we mention we handle all things travel? We have all areas of travel covered, so if it has to deal with travel, start your research with us.
Travel is our business, so we are here to make sure your needs are handled. We go the extra mile to know the things you may not think about so you can be prepared. We want to help you save money so you can spend more money and time with the ones you love. We know you work hard and our job is to make sure you play hard. You only get so much time off a year and when you do, we want to make sure to maximize the pleasure you have while you are on your vacation time.
Whether you are traveling by plane, train, automobile, or boat, we know the best deals out there and we want to help bring them to you. Want to rental a limousine and have a nice night out on the town with your loved ones? Do you want to try that new dish at the restaurant you heard about on television? Well whatever your travel needs, we have the information to make that trip memorable.
So why Travelsavvy-nice.com?
Well because we care about the experience you have, and it is our goal to make sure you get the best possible information to make most of your trip and the time you have away. Bookmark this site so when you plan your next trip we can help make it one of a lifetime.
Travel savvy-nice, is not just our name but our motto to make sure our knowhow creates a wonderful travel experience.
Thanks you for visiting our site,
The Travelsavvy-nice Staff
When you pick the right hotel, this can make an average stay exceptional. At the same time when you pick a bad hotel it can make an okay trip, terrible. Hotels are the place you lay your head for the night and relax after a long day of exploration. If you don’t do your research correctly, this can make or break a trip. The 5 tips below will help you make better choices in the future so you can have great vacations.
- As with most items you buy, comparison shopping is the way to go. With the number of websites available today there should not be a reason for you to research the different hotels and room rates available. You can find the best prices this way and learn more about the hotel where you plan to stay.
- You can never be too cautious at a hotel. Even if it is a name brand hotel you have to take safety precautions to make sure you are covered. When you arrive at a new hotel you should always look at the exit map and know how to get out of the hotel in case of an emergency. Knowing where the nearby exits are is a good practice to start.
- If you tend to stay at a certain hotel continuously you should take part in their rewards program. Every major hotel chain has one and if you find yourself coming back to this chain often you will be able to save money over the long run. Also as a member you get special perks after a certain amount of hotel stays.
- If you like to plan ahead this is one of the best ways to get a good deal on a hotel stay. Especially if your dates are flexible you can talk with several hotels to see when they have special deals going on. Hotels like to keep their rooms occupied and if you can plan your trip around their down time and during the week, then you have a great chance to get some of their better rates.
- Hotels tend to overbook, especially the big chains, so it is a good idea to give them a call a day or two ahead of your trip to ensure your reservations are still in place. There has been many times when people booked a hotel, but due to a computer glitch the reservations were changed or not made. This is something many people fail to do, and this one tip can save you a lot of stress and money in the long run.
The tips above should help you plan a better trip and have less worries while traveling. We all know one overbooked room, untidy accommodations, or noisy neighbors and ruin an otherwise great trip. By doing a little research ahead of time and making sure you have taken care of the small things prior to your trip, can make your vacation one to remember.
Traveling abroad is a great way to see new places, explore new areas and experience new things. This can be both fun and educational. The problem comes when you are not prepared for travel abroad and you have to spend time correcting mistakes you should have planned for in advance, thereby limiting the time you spend having fun at your desired location.
The purpose of this article is to help you better prepare for travel abroad, and the 7 steps below should help you do just that.
- Before traveling abroad research the type of power supplies used at your anticipated destination. Americans tend to overlook the fact that other countries may not have the 110V outlet you are familiar with and forget to buy a converter. So make sure you know the type of converter you need before traveling abroad.
- Purchase a travel set of toiletries for your travel abroad. Oftentimes there are certain types of toothpaste, mouth washes or other items that you need for your personal hygiene that might not be available in the country you are traveling to. So plan to buy what you need to use during the trip that you cannot survive without.
- Do not over pack for your trip. Most likely while you are in another country you will want to bring back some type of souvenir from your trip. So make sure you have room to bring these items back with you.
- When in another country make sure you understand how their transportation system works. In the United States most people travel by car or bus locally, and occasionally by rental car or taxi. In other countries public transportation may be the best means of getting around, and you should know how their system works so you can better navigate the area.
- Even though you might have been saving a while for your trip and you want to maximize your spending money for adventures and sight-seeing, make sure you have not skimped on the accommodations. When you go cheap on hotel stays, you have to remember that may place you in an undesirable area with shady people. You would be better spending a little extra money for that piece of mind knowing you are in a nice area that is probably safer.
- Check all national holidays for the destination you are going to. The country you plan to visit might not have similar holiday schedules to that of the U.S. and you want to make sure you are not traveling at a time of the year when you might have a hard time getting around due to local parades, finding good places to eat due to restaurant’s closing for the holidays or limiting what you can do while you are there.
- Contact bloggers that have been to the place you plan to visit. You might be surprised at the information you can learn from them that can save you time and money. They often know the best places to eat that are not on the list of tourist sites, and places you need to visit that may not be on your list. Most bloggers would be happy to speak with you about their travels and offer advice that can help you have a better time.
These are just a few tips that can help make your travel abroad a little less stress free and more enjoyable. Remember research is the key to be prepared for anything that may come your way, but remember to have a good time and make your time abroad memorable.